2017 Colorado Super Lawyers® - in the field of Employment and Labor, Top 50 Women Lawyers
2016, 2015: 5280 Magazine "Top Lawyers" in Plaintiff’s Employment Law
2016, 2015: Barrister's Best People's Choice "Best Employment Lawyer for Plaintiffs
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014-2016 in the field of Employment Law
2014: Best Attorneys In Denver as published in The Denver Post
As partner in King & Greisen, LLP, Ms. King's practice area includes all aspects of Employment Law and Civil Rights. She has successfully tried, arbitrated and mediated hundreds of employment cases.
Ms. King is a frequent lecturer on employment law locally and nationally.
Ms. King's many honors include the Martindale Hubbell Rating of AV, the top rating, Colorado Super Lawyers (Top Employment Lawyer, Top 25 Female Lawyers, Top 100 Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America 2006-2015 one of the top lawyers in Colorado employment law in Chambers USA (2003-2004), Ray Micklewright Award from the Faculty of Federal Advocates (2005), Recipient Colorado Bar Association Donald W. Hoagland Achievement Award (1989), Colorado Lawyers for the Arts (1990), YWCA of Metropolitan Denver Woman of Achievement Honor (1991). She also belongs to Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Lambda Delta, and Phi Kappa Phi.
Diane King's experience and success in her field have led to the publishing of several articles. They include "The AIDS Issue: Your Legal Rights," where she acted as author and editor. She was the author of "Nuts and Bolts of Trying a Sexual Harassment Case," Trial Talk, 2002. In Trail Talk, 1993, Ms. King also wrote "Amendment 2: Is It the End or Just the Beginning?"
Following her B.S. at Colorado State University in 1983, Diane King graduated with her J.D. from law school at the University of California at Berkeley in 1987. In the same year, Ms. King was admitted to the U.S. District Court, District of Colorado as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit.
Leadership Positions and Board Memberships:
- 5280 Super Lawyers: Top 100 lawyers in Colorado (2013 – 2015), Top 50 Women lawyers (2013 – 2016), and Top Employment and Labor Attorney (2013-Present)
- Fellow in the College of Labor and Employment Law (2011 – Present)
- 5280 Super Lawyers, Featured Attorney (2011)
- Colorado Pay Equity Committee, Member (2015)
- Senators Udall and Bennett Judicial Nominating Committee Panel Member (2009-2014).
- National Employment Lawyers Association Member, Vice President (2009-Present). Treasurer (2007- 2009); Board Member of Executive Board (2005-Present); Co-Chair of Convention Committee (2003); Committee Member (2004); Washington DC Task Force (2005), Member (1994).
- Faculty of Federal Advocates.President (2004), President-Elect (2003) and Board Member (2002-2004)
- Plaintiffs' Employment Lawyers Association Co-President (1997-1999), Vice President (1996), Board Member, (2001-present).
- American Civil Liberties Union Board Chair (1999-2000), Board of Directors, (1996-2001), Legal Panel Chairperson, Legal Panel, Co-Chair, Executive Director Search Committee.
- CBA Lend-A-Lawyer Board President 1994-1996, Member, 1989-1996;
- Founder and Member: Colorado AIDS Project Legal Referral Service.
- Appointments: Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Panel, U.S. District Court, Colorado 2005-2013; U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado Committee on Conduct, 2005-2011 (Chair, 2009-2010), Tenth Circuit Advisory Committee, 2004-2006,
- Participant: Colorado Bar Association Lend-A-Lawyer; Denver, Colorado and American Bar Associations; Colorado Women's Bar Association, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association.